Careers At Guaranteed Rate
|VP of Mortgage Lending - San Diego Retail|
|San Diego, CA|
Who we are:
is one of the ten largest retail mortgage lenders in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with approximately 2,500 employees in 175 offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $65 billion in home purchase loans and refinances since 2000. Guaranteed Rate was ranked No. 1 in Scotsman Guide’s “Top Mortgage Lenders 2013” honors, and was recognized by . magazine as the No. 4 private company job creator in the U.S. in 2013.
Guaranteed Rate has been able to expand successfully nationwide through a business model that allows top originators to join the company and close more loans faster through its technology, pricing, process and support. The company now has more top loan originators in the annual national rankings from mortgage industry publications Mortgage Executive, Scotsman Guide and Origination News than any other bank or mortgage company.
· Streamlined processing, underwriting and closing procedures to reduce time from application to funding
· Standardized and automated marketing for all loan officers to guarantee contact with their clients and retention of their clients
· Ability to price loans profitably while being a low price market leader because we understand that price does matter to our customers
· Outstanding customer service rankings
· Ability to write loans in 50 states
· 2+ years of solid business development and sales experience
· Knowledge of residential mortgage processing, underwriting, and closing procedures.
· Knowledge of conventional and/or government lending guidelines.
· Knowledge of federal lending regulations governing real estate lending.
· Demonstrated ability to cultivate and develop relationships with realtors, builders, attorneys, accountants, etc.
· Proven ability to multi-task in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
· Computer proficient
· High school diploma or equivalent mandatory. Four-year college degree preferred